Local Area Information
If you do not know la Creuse here is a link to the departments tourist information site
Towns and villages to discover:
- Fursac is our local village, a 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk. Fursac has a boulangerie (closed Monday's), pharmacy, post office, tabacs and small supermarket
- The town of La Souterraine is 14km away, here you will find a choice of supermarkets, restaurants, shops and tourist attractions. There is a market on Saturday mornings with a large selection of Limousin culinary specialties.
- VTT circuits around Fursac - 🚲
- Walking circuits (rando) around Fursac - 🚶
- The Monts de Guéret are full of marked mountain bike trails, the territory is a true paradise for cyclists and in particular mountain bike practitioners. The Monts de Guéret is being used as the official preparation centre by the French mountain bike team for the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Paris, 2024
- The local area offers many opportunities for boating, fishing, paragliding, gliding, rock climbing etc. Ask us for details
- Les 'Loups de Chabriéres'
- Le Labyrinthe Géant des monts de Guéret
- The Valley of the Painters
- The Velorail de la Mine
- Bridiers tower, a must in August with the 'Spectacle de la Fresque Historique de Bridiers'
- Piscine biologique de Marsac
- Les Bisons du Palais
- Scenovision - we have 2 for 1 vouchers for here
Beautiful lakes with beaches:
- Etang de Courtille - ∼28km
- La plage à Châtelus-le-Marcheix - ∼25km
- Lac de Saint-Pardoux - ∼34km
- Lac de Bujaleuf - ∼59km
- Le Lac de Vassivière - ∼67km
- Located 53km from l'Oeil is the Roman city of Limoges, known for its decorated porcelain and Gothic Cathédrale.
- Musée de la Résistance de Limoges
- Musée National Adrien Dubouché - porcelain museum
- Aquarium de Limoges
These are our recommended restaurants:
Please talk to us about these restaurants and if you wish us to book you a table.
- Hôtel Nougier
- Les Chemins d'Elric
- Chez Jacques
- La Souterraine:
- L'Osmose for Burgers
- Le Gab'Elo for galettes and crepes
- Le Passe Muraille for local French cuisine
- La Sybarita for pizza
- La Perle d'Asie for Asian cuisine
- La Terre du milieu for French cuisine
- The Royal Wok